Reading Writing Dancing Sustainability Dogs
I am officially halfway through college . . . how weird is that?
No, that’s not a typo—I’m just trying to be clever in the midst of finals week.
Richmond in spring means Richmond in bloom. And it is BEAUTIFUL!
No parents, no rules! (ish)
Carytown is the closest thing that the University of Richmond has to a college town . . . as well as an outdoor museum. And some of this art is entirely D.I.Y.
Welcome to the Jewish holiday of Passover, the one week of the year during which I cannot eat M&M cookies, Mac ‘n Cheese, or delicious bread. Guess who is not a happy camper.
Not only is spring in the air, but it is in my ears!
Last week I got the least sleep of my life. And no, it wasn’t due to homework.
Because they really shouldn't.
One of the things that I definitely miss most while at college is my dog. And I can’t imagine that anyone else—dog owners, at least—feels much differently.
Top Ten Things You Should Really Know About Elana Richmond
1. My name is actually pronounced Eee-lana, but I go by Ah-lana for phonetic ease.
2. I have a Portuguese Water Dog named Max. We got him before Obama decided Porties were cool.
3. I have been dancing for most of my life. My favorite type of dance is hip-hop, although you wouldn’t know it from my very un-gangster-like look.
4. I sit cross-legged just about everywhere . . . except when driving, because that is illegal.
5. My favorite book series is the Harry Potter series, probably because I identify with Hermione Granger’s poofy hair and love of books. Also, they are just plain good.
6. I am currently writing a book called Okay, So My Dad is an Evil Genius. This is not based on my life, I promise.
7. My sister and I are very close (and not just by 17 months).
8. I still think the Disney princesses are cool and I aspire to have hair as long as Rapunzel’s.
9. I keep a journal for nearly everything.
10. I have lived in Acton, Massachusetts all--ALL--my life, so I'm excited to see what Virginia has to offer!
Why UR?Because it is SO COOL that my last name is in the name of a school. (But seriously, how funny would it be if my entire family was decked out in "Richmond" sweatshirts?) Okay, so a little more seriously: I picked UR because it is beautiful inside and out. Yes, I am choosing a cliche. Yes, it is valid. The campus itself is absolutely stunning, especially at sundown looking over the lake--and trying not to get attacked by the tricera-geese. The people here are warm and friendly and really do seem to want to get involved with the university. The professors, at least the ones who I have met so far, present their topics in new ways that really make you question what you know . . . and want to understand what you don't. Plus, they are incredibly open to helping you get there. Basically, the University of Richmond is the place to be.